So we ended up NOT going to Ontario Place on Monday because of the weather forecast - we decided to wait until Tuesday. So up we get, bright and early on Tuesday morning - fight some traffic on the way into Toronto and get to Ontario Place at 10 am for opening time. Had a great time! Kids loved it! Then.... at around 2:15 the heavens opened up and it POURED! Not a nice drizzle to cool us off - no no, couldn't do that - we're talking the kind of pour where if you're out from under a roof for more than 3 seconds you are DRENCHED. That's right - I said 3 seconds, not 30 seconds, not 3 minutes - yeah, it was raining that hard.
Now Ontario Place has a great thing in place where if it rains for an hour or longer continuously you get a return trip for free. So DH and I huddled under an overhang with the kids contemplating - do we stay or do we go (ooooh I love that song). After talking for a few more minutes, we just decided to leave. Yup, I'm quite sure that it did rain for longer than an hour, and kudos to those who held it out and waited for their free passes. Me? I wasn't going to do another drive into Toronto - and the passes were only good for this season, which essentially means we'd have to go again in the next two weeks before school starts. Kids have swimming lessons every day in those 2 weeks and well, I just don't want to go back HA HA
Friday, August 14, 2009
A week's worth of nothingness...
Posted by Kelly at 10:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment