The boredom strikes around this time of the morning - it's 4:30 AM and I'm at work.
I love my job, I really do - but the hours really suck ass. Midnight shift Friday night and Saturday night. It works out well for my family life - no babysitters, I don't really miss out on anything except for Saturdays with my family - but that sure beats working 9-5 Monday to Friday and having someone else raise my kids.
I watch tv. LOL. I do everything that I have to do and then I watch TV on the computer - or a movie, whatever I think is going to get me thru the night without falling asleep. Right now it's Six Feet Under. I didn't watch it when it was on tv, and so I started watching it a few weeks ago and just finished the second season. Why didn't I watch it when it was on, it's a really good show!!!
I keep on waiting to get used to working this shift. It hasn't happened yet, and considering it's been about 4 months I am wondering if I will ever get used to it? How do people do shift work? DH worked midnights for like 6 years - then afternoons for the next few. He has to go back to midnights in the fall which - quite honestly - will suck for us, and now that I've been doing night shift I feel bad for him for having to go back to it. We've lucked out this summer and he was given a temp day shift position at his work. It works out awesome for our family but he's not really good at waking up at 5 AM LOL
Oh well, I'm off to finish this episode and patiently wait for 7 AM to arrive! ;)
Saturday, July 25, 2009
The boredom strikes
Posted by Kelly at 1:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment