Sunday, July 26, 2009

How Dare You, Mother Nature!

Ok so today was supposed to be African Lion Safari day, right? At first it was our plan to go because according to the "hourly forecast" there was to be no rain between 10 and 3.... which is cool cause the park opens at 10 and we planned to leave by 3 or so.

When I was at work overnight I looked again and it changed - now the rain was to start around noon. But when I looked at the radar, it was a little band which should have lasted about half an hour - so we still packed up the kids and the van and headed on out. Takes about an hour and 20 minutes to get there... hit a few drops of rain on the way there - and as we turned onto Safari Road (the road it's on) the heavens opened up - the thunder and lightning started and TORRENTIAL rains. Rain so hard that we had to pull over to the side of the road because you couldn't see in front of you. We waited for a little bit and it didn't seem to be stopping. We looked up in the sky and saw that it was dark for as far as you could see. We decided that African Lion Safari just wasn't meant to be today :(

So yeah, we had a lovely 3 hour car ride today LOL because we just turned around and came home. Nice. Oh well, I got some sleep when I got home - just a couple of hours but it's more than I planned on today.

New plan is for me to go with the girls on my own tomorrow. Weather channel says no rain for tomorrow. Damned Mother Nature better agree!!!!!

Oh well - the whole "cup half full" end of it is at least the rain started before we paid to get into the park and not after we got there - always have to look at the positive right?

0 comments: