I was "blog stalking" LOL over at this blog and it made me think of my nephew D. D's about to turn 16 and I haven't seen him nor heard from him in months. You see, D decided a couple of years ago that he didn't care about anyone other than himself - got mixed up in stealing, drugs, you name it and took off. D spent time in juvie jail, D spent time in foster care after it became obvious that he woud do ANYTHING to get out of my sister's place.
Don't get me wrong - there was nothing wrong with my sisters place - there were just rules there and D doesn't want to play by the rules.
D was such a great kid. Till about 12-13 I guess. Maybe his hormones screwed him up, maybe that's when he met the "wrong crowd" - I dunno, but it was around that time that family no longer meant anything to him. D now has warrants out for his arrest - a number of them actually - but is no where to be found. Oh wait - I shouldn't say that - we keep hearing stories about where he's been seen and what he is doing, but no one of any authority seems to be able to find him.
He told us a while back that he was waiting till he was 16 and then "no longer under CAS care" to come out.... he didn't want to be at home, didn't want to be with CAS and figured that at 16 he could be free to be on his own wherever he wanted.
D turns 16 in a couple of weeks.
Terrifies me that a kid could turn out this way. We have tried everything when he was home - it's not like he didn't have options, just none that suited him. I'm scared shitless for D. Scared for what he has become and even more scared for what the future holds for him.
My question is - and I'm sure this will cause much controversy....
You can "chip" your pets so that if they get lost they can be tracked... Why aren't our children "chipped" until they are 16 - or 18 - or whatever. Would that not help in kidnapping cases? Runaway cases (like this one)????
I don't get it
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Breaks my Heart
Posted by Kelly at 12:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It is so scary when they get to that age and can get so out of control. I have twins - girls - that are 16 and I often have to reign them in - you know. I think I'd go for that chip, if they ever came out with it.
I'm Kellan, btw - nice to meet you. Take care.
oh i would chip Speedy in a heartbeat. but i would also probably turn into some weird overprotective parent that would watch her every move over the internet LOL
Post a Comment