Sunday, June 15, 2008

I'll be worse than she is....

So we found out on Thursday that Little Miss M has to have her adenoids and tonsils taken out. They're 3 times the "normal" size and between that and all the bouts of tonsillitis she's had - the dr suggested that it is the best thing to have done.

We're booked for August 11. My baby. In SURGERY!

I have to admit, the second we got in the van after the specialists appointment I started to cry. No - Little Miss M didn't see me - I made sure that I faced forward, but the idea of my sweet 3 year old having surgery just scares the crap out of me. Oh - I know she'll be fine - and a few months from now I'll be laughing at just how silly I was about it.

But she's still my baby.

And she's still going in for surgery.........

The funny part is - I'm sitting there chatting with the doctor and made some sort of mention that she probably gets the whole throat issue from me, because every time I get a cold or allergies or whatever it goes straight to my throat. The conversation continues like this...

"Can I look in your throat?"
"Sure"
"HOLY CRAP - you do have big tonsils!!! Do you snore?"
"Ummmmmm yeah"
"Have YOU ever thought of getting your tonsils out?"
"Are you kidding me? I'm 35 years old - and they're staying put!"

HA HA..... end of conversation!

3 comments:

Don Mills Diva said...

Don't worry she'll be fine!

BTW - I still have my tonsils too...

Kellan said...

Staying put - HA! I don't blame you. I had mine out as a kid. I know you are worried and that is normal - but ... she'll be fine. Take care and I'll see you soon - Kellan

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

i never had mine out but i remember my sister did when she was young.

Miss M will pull thru it just fine.