Sunday, June 8, 2008

Life can throw you a curveball sometimes

First the good stuff - I did two parties this weekend, both were very different in terms of how they were done, but both were fantastic and reminded me of how much I love to party for a living!!!! The only thing that sorta sucked is that the party yesterday was about 2 hours drive away - but the party itself was great!

The weather this weekend is wicked! The heat is crazy and we're getting night time thunder and lightening shows!!!! I really don't like thunder and lightening, but it's not so bad when DH is home LOL

Now to the more personal stuff..... ugh

I seem to have lost someone who I thought was a friend this weekend. There was an issue that I approached her on that I didn't agree with and I told her so. I guess she decided that our friendship was a disposable one and since I couldn't see her point that it was over. Not something that I am going to let affect my life but still sad none the less. I'd love to get some feedback on this one cause it's really made me rethink some stuff.

I thought that friends could talk things out?
I thought that friends wouldn't just let something that COULD be discussed end a friendship?
I thought that you should be able to tell a friend that you didn't agree with something that they had said or done? Shouldn't you feel comfortable enough to do so?

I don't get it.... but I guess that's just me :(

Life is tough, deal with it - right?

Yes, I spent yesterday mad about it. Yes, I woke up this morning SAD about it. That's all I'm going to give it though. If my friendship is worth nothing to them then there is nothing that I can do about it and stressing over it just isn't healthy.

Nuff said

3 comments:

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

I glad your parties went fantasticly! I totally look up to you and Nancy. You two are so inspirational!! I love hearing about your successes.

I'm sorry. I know I've said it a lot but I'll keep saying it. I am.

Friends SHOULD be able to do all those things that you wrote about.

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

i had a very close friend/relative once that i was really close to. her soon to be husband was quite clearly using her for money and with her being in love she couldnt see it. he wanted her to move, pay all the expences, he was not working just because he didnt feel like it and would rather stay home and get drunk.

i finally couldnt take it anymore and let it out. as we discussed she agreed with me and told me this was a concern for her also. then she spoke to him about it and he turned it all around on me apparantly being selfish and not wanting her to move away from me, blah blah. he got her all mad at me and i couldnt get a word in edgewise after that.

we didnt speak for about a year and a half. finally we did. i have been to see her maybe twice since we reconnected but it will never be the same

Kelly said...

Thanks guys. I just kinda wanted to make sure that I wasn't losing my mind (well, what's left of it anyhow)