Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A much better day........

Today was Little Miss M's second full day of school. I asked her teacher to send me an email or give me a call half way thru the day to let me know how she was doing.

This is what I got at about 12:30;

Kelly,
Thankfully the day has made a turn for the better! M started off fine but then she got herself all worked up and started crying. She couldn't get any sentence out without crying (ie. I need a Kleenex, where are the scissors, etc). She was so worked up that she peed her pants again. She continued this until first recess. At recess I went outside and she was happily playing with Coco. She looked like she might start crying when she came in but didn't. She has been happy ever since and is now in gym. I hope that she continues to be comfortable for the rest of the day.

Ok, so yeah - again she peed her pants. This bothers me cause this child has not had an accident in MONTHS but I figure it's stress/anxiety/whatever!

When I picked her up after school the teacher said that she had a good go of the rest of the day. No more crying or accidents or anything - so looks like things are getting better! ;)

5 comments:

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

well it looks like its getting better. hopefully the next day is even better again.

poor little darlin

Kelly said...

Thanks J. Yup I hope now that on Thursday there won't be any tears at all! Breaks my heart to think that she's upset at all in there, but she's got to learn.

My spoiled wee brat ;) HA HA

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

I'm glad she had a good aftenoon. I agree. It is probably all related to stress and anxiety. This is something new for her and for you.

Unknown said...

No worries she'll be fine...probably just a small case of separation anxiety. You stay at home with your kids and you spend time with them...of course they are going to feel different when things change for them!

I am so happy to hear it is getting better for her, poor little lamb.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are getting better. I never stopped to think how hard school must be for some kids. I don't really remember much about my time in school - then again, I didn't really like it.