I also blog for my friend Imie on the ishopathome site.... and I wrote a little blog today about my a-ha moment and thought that I should write about it here as well.
I never took the whole Home Business thing seriously. I mean, I knew that it was something that I could do and make a little bit of money - but I never exactly "got it" until a few months ago. I mentioned before that I used to work FT in a high stress/well paying job and then we made the decision for me to stay at home with the girls. As much as I love my kids, I wanted something more so decided to do this home based thing!!! So yeah, sign up - do a few parties, make a few bucks, s'all good LOL but at one moment it hit me........
I never quite took it seriously. To me, as much as I enjoyed doing the parties and all that - I still deep down thought that this was something that Stay at Home Moms did to occupy time. I didn't think of it as a legitimate business, or something that I could be proud of. Geez, I was wrong!
I went to a training weekend back in the fall - and at this training weekend I had an A HA moment! There were women there making money that could make any business suit wearing professional would be jealous of! PLUS these women were home for their children and families - PLUS they basically worked when they chose to work. These women were PROUD of what they had accomplished, some had left well paying jobs to do this for a living! These women did not hide and embarrasingly say "I do home parties" They shouted it from the rooftops!!!! I realized during that weekend that I should be PROUD of what I am doing - and those people who turn their noses up at Home Based Businesses do not know what they're missing!!!!
Ok, so there you go! I WORK FROM HOME AND I AM PROUD TO DO IT! I MAKE GOOD MONEY - WITH THE POTENTIAL OF MAKING CRAZY WICKED MONEY, STAY AT HOME WITH MY KIDS AND LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thursday, March 13, 2008
The "A-Ha" Moment
Posted by Kelly at 1:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
YAY KELLY!
You go girl!!
Big hugs to you darling for having your "A-ha" moment!
Post a Comment