I mentioned before, I'm an independent rep for a home party plan. This time of year, honestly - is killing me. There are snowbanks out there taller than me - and it's MARCH! I fully expect in this business to be slower than normal throughout January and even February... but when the winter blahs (and the business lows) extend into March - and appear to be going at least till mid March if not later - it gets pretty frustrating, let me tell ya.
It's not just the fact that hostesses aren't wanting to do parties (wanting to hibernate and all that) but I find that I'm wanting to hibernate too! I just can't push myself at this moment to make those calls or show my face out there at networking functions. And I know I have to! I know that's part (a BIG part) of the business!!! The thing is, I want it! I really do! The idea of having a full calendar and a large team both thrills me like you wouldn't believe. But then why aren't I making more of an effort right now? Ugh, obviously I need a kick in the rear. Problem is, when you work for yourself the only one who can kick you is you ;)
Just had to get that out. Lets hope that in a month or two I can come back, read this and laugh at how wonderfully my biz is going at that moment.......
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Ugh! How to get motivated!
Posted by Kelly at 4:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Oh hun I so get how you're feeling and I've only been at this for less than a year! Ten months I think ...
I'm getting those blahs too and am having a hard time talking to people about hosting parties or book parties. It bites lol.
Soon though, soon we will have beautiful sun and the temperatures will be truly lovely. The flowers will be blooming, the birds will be singing, and cute little chipmunks and squirrels will be running around making whoopy because they'll have Spring Fever.
Post a Comment