A while back - lets say about 6 months ago, I decided that I wanted to go to this years Epicure convention. I have always wanted to see out West, and this is my chance. A rah rah weekend which I absolutely LOVE, seeing out west, lets face it - a few days with a bunch of other women and NO kids or hubbies (LOL)..... I was PSYCHED!
So I decided at that point in time that I had LOADS of time - I'm going to start working out, eating right, etc.... to look great at this convention. How time flies...... HA HA HA
Sign up for the gym - CHECK
Stock up on good foods - CHECK
I did that! I really did! And I have been going to the gym ever since (mind you sometimes it's 4-5 times a week, sometimes it's once) I've been eating the whole grain breads, the non fat stuff, etc..... and over the past 6 months have I lost a pound???????? NO!!!!!!!!!!! Really, I have to say - it pisses me off to no end.
BUT I can't blame anyone but myself I'm sure. Because along with those whole grains, I eat junk too. No more than I used to, but lets be honest here - also no less!!!
I do feel a bit different. My arms are more toned, my legs as well - my midsection - NO!!!!! Yeah, I'm not happy. This would all make sense to me if I were 120 lbs going in - sure, muscle weighs more than fat and all that.... but 120 lbs? Hell no, not me! ;)
Actually, I'm quite amazed that I haven't given up on the whole gym thing altogether. But it gives M time to play with other kids, gives me time to myself - and really, it feels good.
Maybe I should do a cleanse.... or that cayenne pepper drink that sounds horrid.... or some trimspa or something..... if I won the lottery I'd get a tummy tuck LOL but until then, maybe it's time to just learn to love myself, rolls and all......
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Why do I do this to myself.....
Posted by Kelly at 7:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Aw darling *hugs* I think you're beautiful exactly the way you are. You've got one up on me though; you've joined a gym and actually go. I can't even bring myself to join a gym.
I have never don't the Master Cleanse (that you referred to) but hubby has and so has his mother. They both swear by it.
Try this to: before breakfast each morning, eat at least one apple. Before lunch and dinner each day, each a medium to large size salad.
Hubby did this a couple of year ago and lost 20 lbs.
Post a Comment