Saturday, March 15, 2008

Toilet Talk....

Well little Miss M has been a total stubborn monster her whole life LOL and toilet training was no different. Things have to be on her own time and when SHE wants to do them. Obviously at over 3 years of age and JK looming in the fall - I have been a little bit worried because she just would NOT pee in the bathroom!!!! Funny, she decided a couple of months ago that she wanted to poop in there - which really, in the grand scheme of things was a blessing. Hey, I'll change a wet pullup anytime if I don't have to change a poopy one!!!

So for the past few months we've talked to her about using the bathroom to pee - and she kept saying "not yet" - but we tried and tried!!!! Didn't seem to matter what we did (put her in underwear, offer incentives, whatever) she just had NO yearning to pee in there.

Then it happened! Two days ago (so maybe I shouldn't count my blessings just yet) she decided she wanted to pee on the toilet. Just came out and told me. So great! Lets put you on there - and she went. Since then she has not peed in her pull up AT ALL! Even this morning she woke me at 7 telling me she had to go pee pee on the toilet! Off we went, and yup she did it - went all night without going in her pullup!

So yup, I suppose yet again, Little Miss M has decided to do things in her own time - and not go in half-assed, that child makes a decision and sticks with it!!!!!!

YAY LITTLE MISS M!!!!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

That's fantasic!! YAY!!!!!

Mom2twomoos said...

WOOHOO! That's my future daughter-in-law!!!
So proud of you Little Miss M