Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Clean Air

Well we're getting a new furnace today. It's an expense we knew was coming, we just didn't know when LOL but today is the day. Gotta give that furnace sales guy credit, he came here last night at 10 PM cause that's what time DH comes home from work - and that sucker is being installed today! (which is good, cause it's a little bit chilly in here - thank god it's not winter!!!!!!!) We could have done a temporary fix on the one we have in the basement, but at last "quality check" it was almost at a fail HA HA so we knew that needing a new one was imminent.

Anyhow, as far as furnaces are concerned - I'm pretty excited about getting this thing put in. It's going to be so much more efficient, I'll finally have a working humidifier WOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO (for those of you who know me, this has been an ongoing pain in my ass every winter - pulling out the portable humidifier), AND we opted for this hepa air cleaner thing (my decision) which totally excites me! Not that I'll get to stop house cleaning or anything (damn) but just the idea of all the crap that floats in the air normally being cleaned out continuously really makes me happy.

Geez, I really MUST be getting old if a furnace thrills me, hey?

2 comments:

The Maven said...

We just moved into our current home last year and I was thrilled to find out that it had a bi-energy furnace oil/electric furnace. So when it gets below -17c the oil kicks in, but otherwise it's electric heat. I was actually excited and couldn't wait to get my hands on the literature to figure out what we owned.

I also jumped up and down when DH installed my clothesline. Yeah, I'm that lame.

I guess we're both old :P

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

Yes, you're old ;-)

I'm so kidding. I would be THRILLED at getting a new furnace.

Glad it's getting done today.