Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Mamma Mia!!!!

I took Coco to go see this movie last night. I thought that it was great, but the range of emotions that it brought out of me was weird....

Let me explain....

I saw this play with my sister and my mom when it played in Toronto - it was one of the last "great" memories that I had with my mom before she suddenly died. I didn't think that seeing the movie would summon up feelings of missing her, but it did.

Also, there is this great feeling of reconnecting with old friends in the movie. Made me sit back and think - WOW - I don't think that I have any friends that close who know every single detail about my life (as a kid and now, you know?) When I saw those women jump off the boat and go running to each other screaming in excitement like little girls, it kind of struck home to me. Weird, but yeah - that's what happened. HA HA

All in all though, fantastic movie and I would totally see it again! Pierce Brosnan needs some singing lessons though LOL (Sorry Susan....)

2 comments:

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

Glad you guys enjoyed the movie. I don't have friends like that either. I moved from Nova Scotia to Ontario when I was 13yrs old. I lost contact with all of my friends from Nova Scotia. But I made some life long best friends here in Ontario; Janie, Jesse and Kari. They've known me for 10 years now.

Tina Marie said...

I sooo want to see this movie! I am a huge Abba fan. Glad you liked it.
My friend Erin and I have been friends since we were teenagers. Even though we are provinces apart and hardly ever see each other, we are still as close as sisters. We know each others deepest darkest secrets, have been through hell and back together and still accept each other for who we are. I am lucky to have that relationship with someone. The only other person (other than Murray) that I can say that about was my Nana.
I am hoping to have a girls night out here pretty quick so we can go and see the flick.