Friday, July 25, 2008

I'm being a lazy slug

Seriously, I totally am.

My sink has dirty dishes in it - and it's not like I'm sitting here entertaining the kids and not doing them, I'm just not doing them because I feel like being a lazy slug today HA HA Not to mention the living room is currently cluttered with toys and I haven't vaccuumed in about a week.

Ok, I get summer vacation too right? Am I ok to use that as my excuse of the moment? Eventually later today I know it will start to drive me nuts and I will go on a cleaning spree - I always do - but for now I choose to be a lazy slug.

The girls are in the basement playing with a friend, DH is on his PlayStation 3 playing some sort of racing game - and here I sit, blogging to all of my beloved readers (now I'm using YOU as an excuse not to clean).

OH - on a different note, I've decided to quit smoking. *gasp*

Not today... no no - I'm giving myself one last glorious weekend.

Monday. Yup, Monday morning I will wake up - throw on a patch (I've never tried any stop smoking methods before - as a matter of fact I've only tried to quit once and did it cold turkey using coffee stir sticks to chew on HA HA - lasted 2 weeks) and carry on with my day.

My apologies in advance if I'm bitchy.... but bitchy is better than ... well, whatever - you get the idea

Initially I figured I wasn't going to say anything and just try to do it (and say after "Hey, I quit smoking") but I figure that I'm better off telling everyone - and then they can all help me and give me shit if I want to smoke... ok? That's YOUR job ;)

4 comments:

Tina Marie said...

Good luck doll! I know you can do it! It will be 3 years for me next month and I did it cold turkey. Well Lucas was making me puke everytime I had one - but that is besides the point.

You should start a stop smoking blog and rant and rave on it. Not only will you feel better, but it will give us all something frickin HI-larious to laugh at. Kinda like that stop smoking commercial with the airline stewardess who screams at all the passengers. OMG I love it!

Anyway, I am writing blog in your blog. So good luck and bitch away!

Kelly said...

Ok - your wish is my command (aren't I accomodating? HA HA)

Check out my blogroll on the right hand side, I've started a "Quit Smoking" blog....

Do me a favour though, don't laugh too much over the next little while - I'll need all the support I can get!

Tina Marie said...

I'll be laughing on the inside ;)

Plus I know EXACTLY what you are going through, so no worries.

One day at a time.

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

Oh that's wonderful news Kelly! Congrats on making the decision to quit smoking. I wish you nothing but good luck and happy thoughts along the path. I know you can do it! You're a strong woman! YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!!!