Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Last Friday I went to this thing in town called "Daypass to Discovery" - basically it was a full day of vendors, food, psychics, treatments, etc... and it was amazingly wonderful!!!!!!!
I had a massage by the waterfalls
I had reflexology
I had reiki
I had a mini shiatzu treatment.
I had my tea leaves read
I had a tarot card reading
Yeah, I was fast asleep on the couch by 9:30 PM that night!!!!!!!! HA HA HA
I had to laugh because the tarot cards, the tea leaves, the reflexology lady, and these other psychic women (I don't know how to explain them but I had to stand inside some rings while they "read" my auras) ALL said to me "You need to take a time out!!!!!!"
Apparently I think about my business and my family 100% and leave no time for me. (other than Friday I guess - which is funny because what initially was supposed to be a day for me turned into a business venture bringing my Epicure products.... yeah, I can't turn it off)
Finally I asked one of them - "OK - I've heard this same thing sooooo many times today - I just need someone to tell me HOW to accomplish this" and got "You have to do it for yourself".....
Yeah.... ok.... I'll get right on that ;)
...
...
...
Thinking about it all, they are so right. Somewhere along the path I've lost me. I am DH's wife, I am Coco and Little Miss M's mommy, I am a whack of people's Epicure rep, but what else am I really? There is really nothing else out there that defines ME. I USED to have my own activities, hobbies, things I'd like to do - now I don't. I guess that happens when you have a family and responsibilities right? You get the grand prize of losing yourself in the mix.
I need to take some time and figure out how and what to do for myself - JUST for myself, for my own enjoyment and to allow me to be KELLY again - somewhere, mixed in with everything else...
Maybe later though, for now I have 2 children to feed while the DH is out golfing and playing baseball - and I have a whack of business calls to make because my calendar is looking a wee bit bare.
Yeah, Kelly comes last again - but hey, such is life... I'll get over it ;)
Sunday, July 20, 2008
My "Day of Discovery"
Posted by Kelly at 7:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
oh .. dude.. i did reiki at a friends house one night.. well they did it to me... 2 of them.. i was like.. um.. double teamed.. (*snickers* but not in the way like i watch in porn :P )
it was so cool. i was in this sort of trance and so relaxed. almost melting into the chair. i cant explain it. the word i was using at the time to describe how i felt after was 'wooo' LOL
and yeah. find time for yourself there lady :P
Isn't it awesome?????
I have had it done a couple of times and always feel like I'm almost drunk after it's done LOL
I'm glad you had a beautiful time there *hugs*
I'm not sure if I'm sold on the whole psychics, treatments, tea leaves and tarot cards... but I like the 'food' part! :)
Post a Comment